BIG BLUE OZONE GENERATORS
Big Blue 4" Ozone Generator
The BIG BLUE 4 inch ozone generator is designed for small grow spaces. The stainless steel housing measures 20” X 4” in diameter. It contains a single UV-C lamp which produces over 750mg/hr of ozone. It is energy efficient using less wattage than a 40 watt bulb. This unit can use up to 465 cfm of fan.
Ozone (03) is a gas that nature creates in one of two ways:
Ozone, one of nature's basic elements, is a powerful disinfectant and deodorizer. It consists of oxygen (O2) with an extra oxygen atom attached to create O3.
When ozone does its job, it oxidizes by giving up and attaching its extra oxygen atom to anything that can be oxidized. As you can see the only byproduct of ozone is oxygen. In fact, ozone gas reverts to oxygen quite rapidly and naturally; the half life of ozone in air is on the order of hours, and on the order of minutes when dissolved in water.
User replaceable lamps are available separately and should be done after 14 to 18 months of continuous use.
BIG BLUE INSTRUCTIONS
Thank-you for choosing BIG BLUE. Ozone, when properly used, is the most effective, dependable method of odor elimination. Whether you have purchased our 4 inch 6", 8”, 10” or 12” ozonator the following instructions will assist you in confidently installing the best odor control device available for indoor gardening.
Before installation, plug in the BIG BLUE to a 110v power source. Depress each of the switches, one at a time and in combination to become familiar with their function. Do not look directly at the ozone bulb when it is on. For short periods of time dark sunglasses will provide some protection for your eyes. You will note that different combinations of bulbs light as you activate switches. Your BIG BLUE may have been shipped with a wood support dowel. Remove this before installation. You may now proceed.
1. BIG BLUE has been designed to be installed in the exhaust ventilation ducting after the exhaust fan. Installing this device before your inline exhaust fan (i.e. Elicent or Vortex) may potentially cause serious harm to your fan.
2. BIG BLUE must be exhausted outside of the growing or living areas.
3. BIG BLUE should be synchronized to run when your exhaust fan is on. Use a timer to run this device when the exhaust fan is activated.
4. It is recommended that you install a pre-filter on the suction side of all inline exhaust ventilation devices. A simple and effective filter would utilize woman’s pantyhose stretched over the inlet to the exhaust fan and fastened with duct tape. A pre-filter will extend the life of this ozonator and your fan.
5. This inline ozonator is not a substitute for an ozonator placed in your garden as an odor and pest deterrent. Please consider an in room ozonator as part of a total package for odor elimination. See our website for other quality ozone products.
6. BIG BLUE has the ability to adjust it’s diameter to compensate for irregular exhaust pipe dimensions. Simply loosen the 3 screws on the side of the stainless steel tube, install one end of the ozonator and re-tighten the screws. Finish the installation.
7. BIG BLUE is provided with pre-punched holes and hanging eyelet’s for easy in-line installation. When connecting this product to metal ventilation ducting you may use self tapping screws, through the pre-punched holes to secure the ozonator to the piping. Metal chain available at hardware stores is best for hanging the ozonator.
Once all connections are secure wrap duct tape around the joint connections so that there is no leakage from the ducting. A baffle box, mixing chamber or extra long lengths of ventilation tubing are not required for this device to be effective.
8. The 8, 10 & 12 inch BIG BLUES have multiple ultraviolet ozone bulbs. On the control box you will find 3 switches. These switches allow the gardener to adjust the amount of ozone needed to combat odor changes in the garden. You will need to be able to “smell test” the exhausted garden air. As the offending odor increases simply turn on more odor fighting ozone lamp/lamps until the contaminated air is neutralized.
9. Ultraviolet ozone bulbs have an effective life of from 14 to 18 months of continuous use. Ozone output begins to diminish after about the twelfth month and the bulbs should be replaced. Contact your BIG BLUE dealer for replacement bulbs.
Questions? Contact the manufacturer at www.blueairproducts.com
|About Us | Help Center | FAQs | Contact Us
|© Copyright 2009 - 2015 eHydroponics.com All Rights Reserved.
|Hydroponics Systems | Grow Lights | Hydroponic Supplies | Organic Hydroponic Nutrients | Indoor Gardening Atmosphere Control | Hydroponic Water Management|